Hermit Crab Facts
1) Hermit crabs return to the sea to deposit their eggs. Due to this they cannot be breed in captivity.
2) Hermit crabs drink by dipping their claws in water then lifting out drops of water to their gills and mouth.
3) On average we hear of hermit crabs living for a couple years as pets, however have heard of some that have been kept for over 20 years in captivity.
4) Hermit crabs love to climb. It is always a good idea to have a cage they can climb up or some other climbing material in their cage.
5) Hermit crabs are nocturnal. They move around a lot more at night then during the day
6) Hermit crabs have been heard making croaking sounds. It is still being studied to try to find out if this is a means of communication or what the croaking might mean.
to Land Hermit Crabs
|How do I care for a Hermit Crab?||All about Hermit Crab changing seashell||What is
Hermit Crab molting?
Interesting Hermit Crab facts
|Hermit Crab Supplies and seashells|
www.seashells.com --HOME PAGE
Copyright 2001-2009 Sanibel Seashell Industries
Feel free to email us questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org